Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Onion Jam Chronicles - Attempt 2

Christmas eve. the day the jam was to change from recipe to actual physical form.

I had already bought the Balsamic vinegar and brown sugar a day earlier. I bought a full jar of sugar knowing that if the jam sucked I could always use it for mojitos.

The plan - 1) Get done with work 2) Get home 3) Make onion jam

D-day actually D-eve:
Pretty much done with work, I accepted the offer of a few colleagues to go and get some dinner and wine before leaving ( in the spirit of Christmas). After a few liters of wine and at 5 in the morning we decided to call it a night. Chaffing under the criticism I had received over the course of the night (regarding the making of the jam), the will and determination to make it now burned stronger than ever within me.

Reaching home, I switched on some grateful dead and began chopping onions. 1 onion down and sensing something odd, I turned around, and saw my father gesticulating with his hands. A little confused at first, I realized that he trying to communicate that the music was too loud. After Lowering the volume, a fairly enlightening conversation (concerning the cutting of onions at 5.30 in the morning) ensued. Since my debating skills were not at their peak at that time, I conceded defeat. After keeping the 1 cut onion in the fridge and a polite "Merry Christmas" and "Good Night" later, I slept.

1 comment:

Zaev Dutt said...

LOL! I KNEW IT! You fail again! Batman would be so ashamed right now!