Monday, December 22, 2008

Onion Jam Chronicles - Attempt 1



I have decided to cook. This sudden interest to improve my culinary skills occurred last week. Onion jam was chosen as the recipe to attempt as:
1. Not too many ingredients
2. The ingredients seemed like stuff I would find in my kitchen
3. I tasted it in a sandwich once and it blew my mind. Anything that improves a sandwich has my vote.

So after printing out the recipe I began looking for the ingredients. Found the onion and garlic. A quick call unfortunately shattered the conception I had that all vinegars are the same ( I needed balsamic vinegar). A quick trip to Vakola market shattered the conception I had that i could pick up the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar at the local grocer. I then decided to oil my bike.

However, I have not given up. Attempt 2 shall occur this week.

Adios

1 comment:

Kristel-Ann said...

hahaha we shal see abt that!!!