Monday, May 5, 2008

A little more waffling


"My views on charity are very simple. I do not consider it a major virtue and, above all, I do not consider it a moral duty. There is nothing wrong in helping other people, if and when they are worthy of the help and you can afford to help them. I regard charity as a marginal issue. What I am fighting is the idea that charity is a moral duty and a primary virtue."
– Ayn Rand


I believe the whole thought of being ashamed of success is something that is pre-conditioned into people from the time they are created.

I believe in fairness. What leads a person who has less then I do to believe that he is entitled to what is mine. If I do wish to help a person out, it is because I wish to and not because society demands that I do. I would help a person who I believe is needy and would actually profit from my help. The interpretation of who is needy is completely my decision, and I am not saying that I can't be wrong, but at least the mistake is my own.

The word needy again obviously does not refer only to wealth (meaning money).

I also believe that the world works on a system of give and take ( now everybody's yelling about selfless love etc.). Think of a mother and child. The mother loves the child because the child is hers and hers alone, the child in turn loves the mother because it associates the mother with warmth and is nurtured by her.

Another ooh he's a fucking selfish asshole with no morals whatsoever point – what happens when the balance breaks. ie- you have one side giving more than the other.

Shit happens. So you end up having the weepy ( hindi movie styled) mother who keeps complaining that her kid doesn't give a shit, the kid says his moms an asshole blah blah blah (alright i took it to the next level). What I really want to say is that the balance HAS to be maintained.


Alright the easy way to get everyone to agree with me is taxes. We pay taxes and we do not get anything in return. What the fuck is an income tax? Are you actually charging me to live the way i want to? Believe me I don't mind paying taxes as long as i get an equivalent form of return.


Aaahh screw it.

adios



No comments: